What's It All About

Saturday, October 24, 2015

It WAS a Sweet Treat Retreat Saturday Evening

It had been a "Sweet Treat Retreat" with my friends at Three Rivers Quilting. Every year, the second weekend of October us ladies trek to a location where we spend Friday to Sunday sewing, quilting, knitting, eating, and of course LAUGHING!!!! Sleeping is optional!!!!! This year, there were 22 of us!

Saturday evening, we had a gift for everyone!!!!! I had made cake boxes using Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes and More Cartridge in various pieces of card stock with the "sweet treat" inside Fat Quarters!!! These were set on Cake Servers.





The cupcakes on top are also a fat quarter which is rolled and placed in a cupcake liner with a candle in the center - how is that for a "sweet treat"???

Also, there was "taffy" which were fat quarters folded on the bias, rolled, pinned together with cellophane and twine tied the "sweet treat" together which was something I played around with until I was satisfied!!!


We always have a "Make-it Take-it" and this year was no exception - it was a Stiletto (from Mary's Stiletto's) for sewing with decorative beads on a turkey skewer no less!!!!! AND you thought stiletto's were just a super high heeled shoe!!!!




Now, sew, you're not that overwhelmed - I have divided this into several blogs as this is picture intensive with lots of ideas for you to use with links on the "how-to's"!!!

   I thank you for stopping by and visiting today.  I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions or need to contact me, I can be reached at hercraftiness@gmail.com

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness