What's It All About

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Here Comes the Bride - New Challenge at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Blog Challenge

This week at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge Blog our wonderful sponsor is Dazzling Ace Designs!!!! Of course it's always Anything Goes but this week with an optional twist - wedding!!!!! 

NOW . . . I hate to admit this but I'm not a wedding type nor do I like to make wedding cards. Granted, I've been married 3 times and have failed all 3 times sew, I should have this down pat but I don't!!!!!!!  I did have several good role models but just didn't have the right guy or I wasn't the right gal!!!!!! My grandparents and parents were married for over 50 years EACH!!!!! My dad's parents weren't married that long as my dad's mother had passed away at a very young age during child birth. 

My parents: June 15, 1951 and both died within a month of each other in 2011



My mother's parents: June 15, 1921 


My dad's parents:


and here's my card using Dazzling Ace Designs






RECIPE and SUPPLIES:
  • Recollection coral card stock for size A2 card with scraps as the background fussy cut around the flowers to give dimensional look
  • image is pre-colored with Stickles out-lining the lace, bridal bouquet, and veil
  • wanted a vintage photo album feel thus the need for the corners attached to image 
  • Queen & Co. white pearls in the corner, around the lace, and in the corner of the photo tabs
  • Recollection white rose on corner and again, the Stickles Queen added some Stickles to the petals
  • sentiment, "May love and laughter be yours forver after" is from Create with TLC Wedding Love Birds Vintage Image and Word Art Set was chalked around the edges with and mounted on scraps 


I thank you for stopping by today and can't wait to see your creations this week with Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Blog Challenge!!!!

                             
                    
I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions or need to contact me, I can be reached at hercraftiness@gmail.com

Much love, hugs, and friendship,
Lynne 


this was entered into the following challenges:
Brown Sugar Challenge #155 - Girly
Left of Center Creative Challenges: 3 of a Kind (3 pearls in the corner)
Sister Act Card Challenge #115
Inspiration Destination Challenge: Challenge #42

4 comments:

  1. The photo tinting is just gorgeous as is the touch of glitter to bring out the picture. Perfect entry for the "girly" challenge at Brown Sugar Challenges. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again Lynne, Love these pictures, old photo's are always so beautiful. Love your card.

    Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynne, so sorry to see you had 3 broken marriages.
    Mine lasts already 21 years now. Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful wedding pictures of you parents and grand parents. They all look so beautiful. Last april my parents were married 55 years. I so hope they reach 60. Anyway love your card too, very beautiful. thank you so much for joining our Wedding bells are ringing challenge. Please do join us next time too.
    Greetings, Veerle DT member CreativeCornerChallenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card and such a great idea! Thank you so much for joining us at Sister Act card challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness