What's It All About

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Still Playing With Paper Dolls After All These Years!!! It's 5 of 5 at Anything But a Card Week!!!

It's 5 of 5 at Anything But a Card. What this means it's the 5th Sunday of the Month and your mission if you sew choose to play along is to create something with using "5" of something.

As a child, I loved playing with paper dolls. My one grandmother would save her McCall magazines for me and my granddad would mount Betsy McCall on cardboard for me and I would be sew in my glory playing with the Betsy McCall paper dolls with the stories that would be published along with making additional clothes for them. I'm thrilled that Lily loves to play with paper dolls and I can continue my love of playing with them . . . . with all this rambling being said and done I found quite a lot of other crafters still play with paper dolls and I can download even for free some of the Betsy McCall paper dolls I had as a child but what especially caught my fancy was Mirkwood Designs Template has a jointed paper doll template for you to color and just have a grand old time - thus began my mission of 5 of 5!!!!! Are you ready to start counting?????





RECIPE:
  • paper dolls pieces were colored with Prisma Colored Pencils with gel pen accents and "faux" fish net stockings (can be found at www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/paperdoll.pdf)
  • holes were punched where indicated with 5 brads inserted to make her move and dance
  • 5 beads were added to some wire which was curled as part of her hat along to hang her on the wall
  • 5 trims were added from Michael's (eyelash trim for hair, ruffled lace for skirt, rosebud trim for neckline of her corset, wide trim for belt on skirt, and narrow trim for top of stockings
  • 5 red Queen & Co pearls added to belt on skirt, top of stockings and top of slit on skirt
  • 5 buttons were drawn on corset with gel pen
  • which makes a total of 5 different types of embellishments for my 5 of 5!!!!!!
  • skirt was added and Stickles to accent the "faux" lace on the paper

NOW, it's your turn to enter your "5 of 5" interpretation in Anything But a Card as long as it is "anything but a card"!!!! I can't wait to see your projects!!!!


I appreciate and love reading your comments . . is your comment the next one I read??? If you have any questions, or would like to contact me, I can be contacted at hercraftiness@gmail.com 

Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne 

this was entered in the following challenges:
Dragonfly Dreams: Challenge #15 - Add Some Embellishments

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love, love, love this Lynne. I loved playing with paper dolls and had a fabulous collection when I was younger. Sadly, they got ruined when we had an oil heater smoke us out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH I just LOVE her! What a fabulous make. I wanna play too! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne... I am in love with your paper doll... Paper dolls were a favorite of mine when I was little... I actually had a set of Natalie Wood's paper dolls back in the 60's... lol... You really covered the "5's" challenge... Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cool, Lynn! Definitely a grown-up version of a childhood favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is really neat! I've never tried to make one of these - very crafty indeed! Love all the little extras you added!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness