What's It All About

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tutorial Thursday for The Stamping Chef - Aluminum Foil Not Just for Left-Overs

Welcome to The Stamping Chef's Tutorial Thursday and today’s project is will be a total surprise for you . . . . yes, Aluminum Foil is no longer just for kitchen use!!!! If you happened to see my post yesterday, you might have noticed that I had made a card using aluminum foil as my "metal" accent. Just in case you missed it . . . . .



The image I used is from The Stamping Chef and is Steampunk Hat which was colored with my Spectrum Noir Markers and then chalked around the edges to give the vintage look. For further instructions, please, stop and check yesterday's posting for The Stamping Chef Challenge, Metal and hope you would want to submit your own version of "METAL" at TSC Recipes on FaceBook

HINTS, TIPS, and HOW-TO's:

  • I used my Cuttlebug and the above card is my Steampunk embossing folder which was then "inked" with a stamp pad to accentuate the embossing
  • aluminum foil actually cuts with your paper cutter as long as the blade is not a worn-out blade but instead one that is faily new
  • depending on the amount of embossing that your folder is depends on how many layers of aluminum foil - I recommend at least 2 layers of foil - below are samples of 1-layer, 2-layer, and finally 3-layer  



  • isn't fantastic how amazing they all look with something that everyone has in their house at little or no additional expense???
Now, your question, how to adhere to your card - 
  • you need to glue your base that the aluminum foil needs to be adhered to first. I find that using my ATG gun works the best and holds it best with little or no tearing
  • if you are adhering anything to the aluminum foil, I find that puff-dotting my item to the foil works best
  • aluminum foil gives a great look to sew many different style of cards such as the "steampunk", but also for Halloween, for mirrors, along with shabby chic - the only restriction is your imagination!!!!
  • reminder that it is fragile and treat it as if it were tissue paper!
I had first seen this technique on Canadian Nickel's Blog and just knew it was something I wanted to do and hope that perhaps you do also!!! 
 God Bless you and thank you ever sew much for stopping by today! I love reading comments and would love to read yours . . . .
Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness