What's It All About

Friday, April 19, 2013

Spring is in the Air with Outlawz Challenge


I thought I would try with my first entry in an Outlawz Challenge using one of the Sandi Huggett’s that she sends when requested …. Well, let me tell you coloring the image was a pleasure and the easy part . . . . AND its even done before the deadline!!!!!!! As to getting my picture posted that seemed to take forever!!!!!



RECIPE:
  • Card was cut 6 x 9 inches using the DCWV Flower Shower Stack, scoring at 2.25 inches from either end using Martha Stewart Score Board and then rounding the corners creating a “Gate” card which is my first attempt! Too many firsts for this challenge!!!!
  • On either side of the gate card, I cut a piece 2 x 5.5 inches piece of green paper from Recollections Fashionable Chic
  • Scallop that my image lies on was made with improvising using Little Scraps of Heaven Scalloped Pattern Set that I had 2 frames for my flower – Bob said it looked like an Easter Egg. Frame is using Recollections Card Stock
  • Image was colored using my Prisma Colored Pencils and Spectrum Noir Markers
  • You just gotta love the sentiment inside the card - it was a freebie from Create with TLC which I may proudly add that my card is being showcased on her blog!!!!!  Also, I may be making more Gate Cards as it gives a lot of room for a sentiment!!!!

  • Ribbon is Darice OHHH So trendy Accents Sheer Stripe - an old stand-by which I will be lost when Pat Catan’s (a local craft store) quits carrying it
  • Mulberry roses are 1 CM which were purchased from Adele Garcia which she offers at various times in different colors and super great prices!!!!!!!
The challenge was easy, the challenge for me was posting my card on the challenge page, and, as a rule, I'm not computer challenged!!!!! Guess, I need to read instructions better!!!!!! I hope you enjoy my card with showing yet another sign that I sew desperately want SPRING!!!!!!

God Bless you and thank you ever sew much for stopping by today! I love reading comments and would love to read yours . . . .
Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness