What's It All About

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tutorial Thursday Pop-Up Birthday Card with The Stamping Chef

Welcome to The Stamping Chef  Tutorial aka Recipe Thursday. What says birthday more than a cutie popping outta a cake??? Today, I will be showing you how to make this cute birthday card or how to create any simple pop-up card. I know that I have been missing in action lately due to medical reasons but I've got my mojo back and let the creativity begin . . . .


IMG_0816    

I guess I should start at the beginning and show you step-by-step how I created my card. I colored "Babydoll" which is this Friday's Freebie. Isn't she a doll baby and you get to see her here first!!! She was colored using my Spectrum Noir Markers, Prisma Colored Pencils, and Gel Pens, Her shoes were accented with Glossy Accents by Inkssentials.


  IMG_0801 

Using Make the Cut, I created a cake card, candle, and banner for Babydoll to hold to scream "SURPRISE"! The cake card was created by using the "blackout" feature and welded them together to create a card.


  Birthday Cake Pop Up Card 

I then cut out my pieces, chalked the edges, and got ready for the assembly along with creating the "stand" for Babydoll to be placed on that she "pops up" when the card is open


 IMG_0800      IMG_0811

The center of the card is then found with marks 1/2-inch on either side of the
center. You need to cut into the top part of the card on both of these marks 


1-inch into the card


IMG_0804 

Fold card again in half pushing the cut section to the inside. Open up. This creates the little box for Babydoll to stand on.

IMG_0807
    IMG_0808   

Since, I "fussy" cut Babydoll out, I needed a more substantial base for her to stand on and cut an additional 1-inch piece and center-glued on her stand

IMG_0810   

Now, comes the fun parts - decorating and embellishing . . . I glued the blackout card to the front of my card along with the icings. This covers the cut part on the front of the card. Pearls from Miriam's Crafting Supplies were glued to the scallops to create the decorative frosting. Now, here's my little secret and I trust you won't tell anyone - the roses from Recollections Embellishments were put on the bottom to cover my little Babydoll's head when my card is folded in half. Now, remember, its our secret!!!

IMG_0812 

The card is even able to stand on its own when slightly opened for display purposes. Babydoll now got all "dolled" up with a fine gathered lace for her skirt, rhinestones for the waistband and a bow on the side. Her shoes got pearls in the center. The candle was glued behind her.

IMG_0813   

I want to show how she is attached with a side-view now. You want to make sure she is secure. I used Glue Dots which bond instantly and they are super-strength!!!!!!

IMG_0815   

A sentiment is added and VIOLA ... you have a cute birthday card with a girl popping outta the cake!!!

               IMG_0814      IMG_0816   

I hope you enjoyed my project for today and don't forget to stop by The Stamping Chef tomorrow to see what the Sous Chefs have cooked up for you!!!! ALSO, Freebie Friday at the store where you too can own Babydoll. We would love to see your projects on TSC Recipes!!!


God Bless and Thank you for stopping by to visit!!!
Much love, hugs, and friendship

Lynne

1 comment:

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness