What's It All About

Saturday, December 29, 2012

I Double Dog Dare You to Create a Frosted Wonderland


This month's challenge in I Double Dog Dare You to create is a Frosted Wonderland In the meadow, you can build a snowman, but the only question is will it be a one-dimension, two-dimension, or letting you creativity explode to do 3-d Wonderland... stay warm but we want it frosty . . . do you dare ????

We have a super sponsor this month - The Stamping Chef, http://thestampingchef.oo.gd/index.php?route=common/home, who has graciously offered 3 digis of the lucky winner’s choice.

We have a wonderfully talented group of ladies that have arisen to the challenge for you this month!!!

Lucy Kelleher ~ http://love2createitall.com

My project for you is an ornament which I made for each of the grandchildren which were loved!!!!! You cut out a tiny hole, square or shape that works for you to operate the on/off switch . . . just be sure you don't glue that part!!!



RECIPE:
  • 1 battery operated tea light
  • Snowman Tea Light Ornament paper piecing file from Treasure Box Designs
  • Various scrap papers to cut out the snowflakes, background, and back
  • Ribbon for the hanger and bow at the bottom
  • All edges were inked
  • Black pearls from for the eyes and smile are from Miriam's Crafting Supplies --- you have to stop and pay her a visit as she has such a wide selection and the prices are unbeatable!
  • Orange Sharpie marker to color the flame for the carrot

For my second project, I have made snowflakes using the Cricut Winter Lace Cartridge and cut out the snowflakes, 3 inches, inked the edges and then added bling from Miriam's Crafting Supplies --- see, I told you about her wide selection! I will be making a few more but due to my fibro and I not on speaking terms, it is making crafting difficult - please forgive me.
  

Here is another way to help the little survivors of the Sandy Hill Shooting and something special to do with your little ones over the holiday break. Even if you haven't told them about the shooting, you can just explain that you're doing a project to help others enjoy the holiday season. Members of Connecticut's Parent Teacher Student Association are requesting homemade snowflakes for students of Sandy Hook Elementary School.

The CT PTSA said it's looking to help the students of the school have a winter wonderland as they return to school following the second deadliest school shooting in United States History.

Adam Lanza, 20, killed his mother and then went to Sandy Hook where he shot and killed 20 students and six more adults before turning the gun on himself.

Now, the CT PTSA is hoping people of Connecticut step up, get creative and make paper snowflakes that will be placed inside the new school in Monroe by the time survivors of the shooting return to school in January.

Anyone wishing to make snowflakes can send them to:
Connecticut PTSA
60 Connolly Parkway, Building 12, Suite 103
Hamden, CT 06514

All snowflakes need to be received by Jan. 12, 2013.

Thanks for stopping by on this wintry day and glad you could sit a spell but I must send you on your way in the frosted wonderland to Miriam where I'm sure she has a wonderful project for you and perhaps a cup of cocoa. We hope you enjoyed our challenge and perhaps, you too would love to be "double dog dared". Just leave a comment on Her Craftiness (http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/)

Next month, the challenge gauntlet has been thrown with the challenge, My Life is a Song on January 26, 2013. Hope to see you come on back!!!

God Bless and Thank you for taking the time to visit. 
Much Love, Hugs, and Friendship
Lynne

7 comments:

  1. You... are... awesome!! I love you! Just thought I'd throw that out there. What awesome projects. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cute project Lynne.

    And a big opps and sorry. I did no crafting this week and admit I forgot all about this hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is sooooo stunning! What a brilliant project. I really love how you come up with the most original ideas! I'm going to have to try that out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your ornaments!!!They are so cute and thanks for bringing the Sandy Hook snowflakes to our attention.I had read about it somewhere but of course I will blame it on "fibro fog" and forgot----but I will get mine made this weekend.
    Love you and thanks for all your help and inspiration.
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne, I love your ornaments for the your grandchildren. They are so adorable! My Mom would love them too as she loves snowmen. This was a fun item to see. Your snowflake is so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your ornaments what an adorable idea! Will have to store that one for my grand kids. Always love to hop with you and love the inspiration you provide!! Happy New year My dear friend!Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. too adorable Lynne!
    I'll be tucking this idea away in my Christmas idea journal, thanks for the inspiration!!
    Always enjoy being in your hops!
    love & hugs!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness