What's It All About

Friday, October 5, 2012

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month Blog Hop

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Welcome to October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Today's hop is dedicated to those who are breast cancer survivors, mother, sister, aunt, or neighbor who have breast cancer and to those who lost the battle.


Reminder, please, schedule your mammogram. Self-examination doesn't always detect the nodules. This I know for a fact with self-examination and even after a doctor’s exam nothing was found. The mammogram found something suspicious 2 years ago Christmas Eve. The biopsy was done in March which had been postponed many times due to other circumstances. The biopsy showed that I have Atypical Ductile Hyperplasia which basically is that there are pre-cancer cells in my milk ducts which make me a high-risk candidate causing me to go every 6 months for mammograms.

We have some great blog candy for this hop:
  • Anita has graciously offered in remembrance a $20 Gift Card to Michaels to one lucky winner.
  • Heather Dennis of Fresh Brewed Designs, www.freshbreweddesigns.com, has graciously offered to sponsor with a $15 digital stamp gift card to her shop.
  • Daisy Collins of Tsunami Rose Designs, http://www.zibbet.com/tsunamirose, has graciously offered a sheet your choice of her 8.5 x 11 Vintage Digital Printable Scrapbook Paper - "Bingo" Pink, http://www.zibbet.com/tsunamirose/artwork?artworkId=968105 or 8.5 x 11 Vintage Digital Printable Scrapbook Paper - "Bingo Rose" Pink, http://www.zibbet.com/tsunamirose/artwork?artworkId=968114
  • Lynne will make one lucky winner a pink and white bracelet with a pink ribbon charm.
  • For one other lucky winner, Lynne will make a pink cross that looks like it has been crocheted but made with her embroidery machine with a breast cancer awareness ribbon. I know this one is purple but the cross for the prize is pink with a breast cancer awareness ribbon in the center.
We have a beautiful group of ladies who will show-case a special project for a personal crusade for Lynne, who is a survivor! Here is the complete line-up for a pink blog hop today in case you get lost along the way:


I’m the first stop today on our hop and glad you stopped by!!!!

For my project today, I have made a card and incorporating my Design Team Sketch for I Love Sketches by Tsunami Rose. This is Sketch #1 for October 5, 2012 inspired with of course a twist of Lynne added!!!




  • My digi is a Tickled Pink called Lil Pinkette Charity with a breast cancer awareness brad in the bottom left corner and mounted on a piece of pink paper which was colored with my Prisma Colored Pencils with gel pen accents
  • Card was cut 6 x 6 inches using one of my very most favorite DCWV Stacks Linen and Lace
  • Background paper is a new paper in Tsunami Rose Zibbet Shop called 8.5 x 11 Vintage Digital Printable Scrapbook Paper “Bingo Rose” Pink
  • Buckle was cut using Cricut Fabulous Finds Cartridge at 1.75-inches with black Recollection scraps
  • Sentiment is “Save the Hooters” which was hand-written placed on a Make the Cut tag
  • Rhinestones were added for bling to finish the card
Your next stop along the way is the very talented and beautiful Princess Sparkles, aka Kimberly.

God Bless you and thank you for the time to stop by~
Much Love, Hugs, and Creative Pixie Dust
Lynne

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Lynne, I almost used her too! :) Thank you for inviting me to the hop!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, she is such a cute image!!!!!
    Thank you for letting me join the hop!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!!!I love you Lynne :)
    Hugs, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image. As a matter of fact I'm sure I have it but had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me. Be diligent with your mammograms. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card...love all pink shades...hope is always there for everyone. Just think positive....early detection is the cure.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hop for a wonderful cause. I had a lump last year- ended up being "nothing", but scary.... Your card is fun, but beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This hop is very near and dear to my heart. I love my mother 3 years ago. I have also had 3 lump removed myself, all be nine. Thank you so much for bringing the awareness to us all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, beautiful person, beautiful hop. This is a very special hop in so many ways and I love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card & a wonderful hop. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the card...great job

    Cathie
    scraphappycat@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a perfect way to start the hop...love the flow of this card and the coloring is terrific!Wishing you ONLY good health from here on in and thanks for the reminders. I'm off to see the rest of the hop...TFS
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire S.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. WONDERFUL hop Lynne !! Just finished and everyone really put out their best..... TFS
    Creative Wishes,
    Claire s.
    www.scrapmyway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card! Wishing you the best of health! Thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great project and hope your precancer cells also stay precancer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is just adorable !! I love seeing the creations for this cause that is so dear to my heart too. Bless you in your own fight against this horrible disease. I pray that you stay healthy!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card Lynne! You did a great job coloring and I love all the details :) TFS

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.com

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness