What's It All About

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Shrek and Donkey Together Again

Welcome to Shrek and Donkey Together Again Blog Hop!!!! 


If you're here for Kiera's Double Digit Birthday Blog Hop, I know you won't want to miss this click here.


Aren't they the most unlikely duo around? Shrek an ugly ogre who says "Ogre's are like onions, you need to peal the layers to know about them" and Donkey, what can I say but he is the sidekick that loves waffles for breakfast and talks a mile a minute!!! The two together rescue a damsel in distress for fairy tale dispising Lord Farquaad who wants Fiona . . . The movie and musical are actually are loosely based on a book by William Steig"s 1990 book called "Shrek!". The movie parodies nursery rhymes which not only makes a great kid's movie but great adult entertainment as only an adult can appreciate!!!We have a small but fabulous line-up for you today as we depict this fun-loving duo. 


My project is a paper-piecing from Mardenz which unfortunately no longer has her site available. I love Shrek as he is shy but overcomes his shyness by his attitude, kinda like me! My papers are all scraps along with the rick rack which came from my trims that have been collected over the years. My card looked kinda lonely and added the three buttons in the one corner that I had tied with baker’s twine to add to the total look. My sentiment on the inside is “be yourself, everyone else is taken”. Now, how appropriate is that for Shrek!!!


Your next stop along the way is Anita --- watch out for the Three Pigs and the Three Blind mice as they are looking for a place to stay! The poor gingerbread man his gumdrop button was taken by Lord Farquaad trying to gain information…..

Thanks for stopping by our little neck of the woods as all the fairy tale characters are hiding her to avoid that Lord Farquaad and as you know what they say about him .......

God Bless and thank you for stopping by
Hugs, Love, and Pixie Dust
Lynne

4 comments:

  1. That's really fun! Love the sentiment with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this. he looks so real. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your adorable Shrek card. The colors are perfect and the paper you used just accents the wonderful piecing job you did!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness