What's It All About

Monday, February 27, 2012

Altered Journal Design Team Project for Purplefuntastick Creations

Today our project for Purplefuntastick Creations Design Team was to create an altered journal using our 3-D flower that we had made previously.

Recipe:
Journal from the Dollar Store --- gotta love it!
Vintage Pin-ups from Far Away Hill
Crystal butterfly
Embossed ribbon on her hair
Stickles to outline her hair
Decorative pearl strand to outline the pin-up on the front
Crystal gem spray from Michael's Dollar Bin --- gotta love it!!
Flat lace from stash
Paper from a $5 paper pack from Walmart - bargains!!!
Butterfly embossed and then inked for that funky look
Blue ribbon from stash
My 3-D flower is on her head-band






I love my funky butterflies and must tell you what I was thinking let alone doing -I embossed these butterflies and these were my first attempts -- got my ink stamps and inked the edges and just kept layering the colors and they came out with this funky tie-died look but still look vintage!

My altered journal actually came to me last night when I couldn't sleep due to fibro not being my friend -- ok, I hear you laughing but honest, it did. I knew I wanted to do something with a vintage flair. I'm hoping you like my vintage chicky Lynnie look and would love to hear your comments!!


Our next challenge for the Purplies project is going to be to create something from a sketch --- come check it on March 1,2012 - sure to be a great project, at least I'm hoping!!


Here's the other Design Team Members -- please go and visit and show some bloggie love as to their projects!

Senior Design Team:

Junior Design Team:

 God Bless you and thank you
Hugs, Love, and Friendship
Lynne

8 comments:

  1. I love all of the details you have added into the design of your journal. The added for the hair, the inking of the butterflies, and you even completed the inside of your journal.

    Beautiful my friend!

    Kimberly
    http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journal, Lynne. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I digging the vintage !! LOL...I actually do adore it, the butterflies are very pretty. Great Job Ms. Lynne!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this card is just gorgeous!!! Lynne, I love everything, all the details, the vintage feel...

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal is beautiful Lynne, I love the inside too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your altered journal It is magnifuicent I love the look and your butterflies are wonderful as well!Big Blog Hugs, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just tooooo cool! You did a great job on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journal is beautiful! I love the front of it. I am wondering if the 2 pages inside are the inside of the from and back covers? Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwina.brown@live.com

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness