What's It All About

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cards for Ethan Blog Hop

Welcome to Blog Hop for Ethan Pinter. He is a boy that is very sick. Here is a bio from his mom, Melissa Pinter: 


My name is Melissa Pinter and I have a 2 year old son name Ethan Pinter who was diagnosed with a rare liver disease called Biliary Atresia att the age of two months old. This is a rare disease because he was not born with Bio Ducts. So Dr. Pintinger and the Akron Children's Team reconstructed them and the procedure was called a Kasi. So at the age of 8 months old Ethan and I were Life flighted to Cincinnati Children's because he had Upper GI bleeds. The only thing that woud help him would be a New liver. Feb 18th 2011 he had recieved a half of another babies liver. This baby saved my son's life and we are so ever so greatful. Ethan and I had waited a total of 9 months for this. We have been seperated from my husband and daughter during that time. Ethan is now 2 years old and is having complications and we are currently living at the Ronald Mcdonald House in Cincinnati till we get him better. He has two crucial virus's that he is currently fighting, they are the EBV Virus and CMV Illuminitis (Fatal Virus- it attacks every organ) .

This wonderful group of ladies are making cards to send to Ethan and his mom. Ethan loves trucks and Elmo if you would be interested in making a card to send:
Melissa Pinter
Ronald McDonald House
Room #17
350 Erkenbrecher Avenue
Cincinnati, OH  45229

The bread crumbs to follow in case you get lost along the way is:
Tina K (Crafty and Green) - http://craftyangreen.blogspot.com/

If you just happened to stop by and visit me today, I really appreciate that but would love for you to start at the beginning of the hop, Jenn, as I wouldn’t want you to miss a single card!!! On your travels today, you should have arrived from Crafty and Green and if you did, you are on the right track!!!

There are actually two (2) projects on my page for you today, sew please check out both Michelle and my projects. The first is from Michelle Ferris. Michelle who is a dear friend currently blogless at this time and made this wonderful card for Ethan and it just needed to be shared!!!!



This card is a little bigger than normal but for a Big , brave boy !

Card 5" X 7"    See Elmo Run !!!!

Blue layer  6 1/2 " x 4 1/2  "  from stash
Patterned paper 6" x 31/2"    from stash
Red shadow for balloon cut at 3"
Blue shimmer ballon cut at 3" Recollections
All red paper from Recollections pack.
Elmo ( Elmo's Party) cut at 4 1/2" Both layers.Black mouth and orange nose from scraps.
Elmo is on an action wobble and really runs fast !!!! LOL
Red , gold and blue glitter gems from I-rock .
Liberal application of clear Stickles on balloon
Liberal application of Glossy Accents on mouth and letters
Gold embossing powder on Elmo's fur
Ethan's name is cut from Cricut classic font cartridge, at various heights.


Inside:
3 balloons cut from Elmos party at 1 1/2"
Embossed with 3 different folders.
Letters cut at .7"
Patterned paper from stash 1 1/2" x 5"
Liberal application of Clear stickles and Glossy accents


 I enjoyed doing this card for Ethan! Although I haven't met him, he sounds like a fighter!!!!! Go Ethan go ! 

From your new friend,
Michelle

As promised, there are 2 projects on my blog today - 


My project for you today of course is an Elmo card – who doesn’t love Elmo and his cute little face.
RECIPE:
ü     I used my Cricut Sesame Street Friends cartridge and cut Elmo at 3.5 inches.
ü     A2 card from white cardstock
ü     Added from the very first stack of paper I bought when I first started paper crafting almost 2 years ago. This wonderful piece of Tinker Toy paper is from PC Mini 6x6 Kid’s Slab which also has some other wonderful pieces such as lego’s, building blocks, hearts, butterflies, princesses …. Ok, enuf about this paper which in case if I haven’t mentioned it - I love!!!!
ü     Using Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder embossed Tinker Toys
ü     On Amy Voltz’s blog for the 70’s hop she had the most marvelous item – a wiggle wire to make her giraffe dance. WELL, I just had to learn how to make Elmo dance and went to YouTube for the instructions – thanks Amy at and here’s the YouTube instructions to make one of your own: 


    
    and yes, I did burn my fingers in the process of making these – but making 3 projects in 2 days using a glue gun, it was bound to happen!!!




The rainbow ribbon on the front just screamed that it belonged on the card and that was a recent treasure found at JoAnn Fabrics in one of their bins. No name to share but contains 2 spools of ribbon and the other is balloons for $2.50!!

ü     Inside of my card I used the freebie Loads of Love from Designs on Cloud 9 strictly for scraps! I love my scraps!!



Hope you enjoyed Michelle Ferris and my cards for Ethan – your next stop on our hop is the talented Michelle Peak.


Thanks for stopping by and visiting us!!!
God Bless You and Thank You
Hugs and Love and Pixie Dust
Lynne

25 comments:

  1. Very cute cards ladies. You both did a wonderful job and he will love them as any 2 year old would. May God be with Ethan and his family. And it is so sweet to have a blog hop for him!! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous. It just warms my heart imagining him smile as he looks through them all. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tasha and Courtney! I/we appreciate the look see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Ladies! What adorable Cards!! They are fantastic!! Michelle- You need a blog to showcase your great work!! Glad to be in this hop with you ladies!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina
    htp://craftyandgreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards were fantastic, sure to please the little man.
    cathyplus5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! Both cards are fantastic! You both did a marvelous job. The colors were absolutely the right scheme for the cards. TFS and I may lift one or 2 of the ideas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Tina (craftyandgreen)! I may just have to dust off an antique one and try to figure it out !!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathy , Thank you! Lynne and I both had a ball doing them and if you can believe it, neither knew what the other was doing! LOL The cards are almost identical .LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tina Campbell, Scraplift away! It is a high compliment when someone copies your ideas !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh my first blog hop :) Great card and sending love and hugs for Ethan & his family xx
    http://louisescraftycards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH WOW!!!

    I love both of these cards. Elmo is so darn cute and cudly.

    Kimberly
    http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. thank you sooooooooo very much for showing how you make your action wobbler!!! FABULOUS!!! AND you did such and uber Fabulous job on your precious cards!!! Thanks so much for all you do!! I'm looking for a way to contact you regarding being considered to be a guest designer~ be blessed
    Beyond Measure
    Tammy
    www.bbbm.weebly.com
    bartlettpair4atmsndotcom

    ReplyDelete
  13. FYI - Love the Video - my glue gun has a much bigger tip on it - would burn my fingers for sure.

    thanks for sharing that, a new thing I must try!!!!

    Kimberly
    http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are super cute. Love the tutorial can't wait to try it.
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both cards are super cute. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Supper cute cards. love the colors and the papers.the embossing and the bling is perfect. he will love them both. thanks for sharing. and please tell Melissa and Ethan to keep the Faith my Prayers are on the way.
    Hugs
    www.anita-craft-corner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are GREAT!! You both did awesome jobs and thank you . Thank you for taking the time to make these and praying for my family!

    ReplyDelete
  18. cute cards.. .sorry that you burnt your finger.. thank you for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your cards! Elmo is a favorite of mine too. He is so loveable and cute! You brought his personality out in your cards. Well done! I am sure Ethan will love them! Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown edwinabrown@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful craftiness. These will brighten Ethan's day.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards ladies! He will love them, I am sure of that!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cards are amazing, he will be happy to get them :)
    Kar

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic cards, Ethan will love them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you everyone for just wonderful positive comments. And, yes, Michelle Ferris is extremely talented and should have her own blog showcasing her amazing talents!! In the meantime, I will share with my dear friend!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness