What's It All About

Monday, January 16, 2012

Calendar Girl Blog Hop

Welcome to the first EVER Calendar Girl Blog Hop - 




If you're here for the 70's Blog Hop, please click here but I would love to have you sit for a few and check out our new first EVER Calendar Girl Blog Hop!


Papercrafts Presents 365 Cards magazine which is our inspiration for these monthly hops which thus became the Calendar Girls. The magazine has Creative Ideas for every day of the year: occasions, holidays, and celebrations including 42 unique holidays!!! These unique holidays are our inspiration. The January unique holidays are:

  1. Trivia Day (January 4) - Lynne: http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
  2. National Bird Day (January 5) - Janet: http://ladyluvbug.blogspot.com/
  3. National Hat Day (January 15) - Edwina - http://edwinascreations.blogspot.com/
  4. Martin Luther King Jr. Day (January 16) - 
  5. National Popcorn Day (January 19) - Lynne: http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
  6. Chinese New Year (January 23) - Michelle Ferris: http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/
  7. Opposite Day (January 25) - Lynne: http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/

The hop starts at Her Craftiness (http://slasewcraftiness.blogspot.com/). You won't want to miss a single occasion!!! 

The line-up for January includes:

Stop by and check out these holidays as I am sure you are going to want to remember these holidays and include them in your unique card making projects!!!!!

We do have blog candy which is a 2012 Monthly Planner for you along with a special treat today just for stopping by and remarking on each our blogs to keep track of all the hops you are participating in along with all the new occasions to make your new cards!!!


My projects for you today include the following events: January 4th - Trivia Day. For my card, I went to the internet and googled "trivia" which gave me the front of my card. Background paper is cut from Generation Tech Stack. The inside of the card, I added some scrappies along with giving the information regarding trivia day!!!!






My second card for you is Martin Luther King Jr. Day which is January 16th. I stamped a butterfly from Jenni Bowlin Studio and then colored with my Prisma pencils. I also added the word "Dream" from Studio 112 which was inspired from Martin Luther King's speech, "I have a Dream" but it was made into a notecard for a special friend!!!




My third card is for National Popcorn Day is January 19th - what a great date night, movie and a box of popcorn to share! The background was cut from The Snack Stack. Doesn't the popcorn look yummy, extra butter just as I like it!! The popcorn box was cut using Make the Cut and placed on a black background as a pop-up card with pieces of the popcorn cut from the scraps around the popcorn box!






My fourth and final card is for Opposite Day on January 24th which is a fun event where everything you say is the opposite of what you mean!!! The front of my card, I did various Cricut cuts for night/day, ying/yang, up/down, black/white. The inside of the card, I have wished you a "unhappy opposite day" with big/little and circle/square! This is a fun event/holiday for kids as they really get into this!!!






Now, how cute would it be to send any of these cards to an adorable youngster or set up a special date night theme?

Thanks for stopping by and mark your calendar for February 18th for another rendition of special events for the month of February!!! Your next stop along the way is Janet, sew check out her National Bird Day Card!


God Bless and thank you again for stopping!
Hugs and Love,
Lynne

7 comments:

  1. These are fun! I enjoyed seeing your cards. Edwina Brown

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards they are really fun and the MLK day one is beautiful
    Bib Blog Hugs ! Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved all of your cards and your creative nature inspires me. the popcorn cardjust make me hungry!!! Guess that is what I get for hopping before breakfast. :-)

    Kimberly
    kimberly.pate@gmail.com
    http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun cards. I especially love your butterfly card.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards. The MLK day card is beautiful and a wonderful tribute. I'm glad I checked out your hop. Hugs,
    Jearise

    ReplyDelete
  6. What nice cards, love the popcorn card (as it my weakness)! Olga :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so incredible!!!! The cards are imaginative, creative and oh so sweet! Thanks for all you do :)

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness