What's It All About

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Guest Designer Wednesday - April Nourse

How fortunate I am to have wonderful people offer to be a Guest Designer and I am most appreciative. Today, my Guest Designer is April Nourse from Curls and Grins. I love what she has offered as her project - what a great idea!!!!!

April says: Back to school time means back to routine time in our family.  To help our children stay on track, I made an envelope system with each task written on index cards.  To make this folder, I opened five small envelopes and adhered the flaps together.  Next, I took a piece of 6x6 ½” cardstock and folded it in half so the dimensions would be 3 x 6 ½”.  This cardstock makes the cover of the folder. The cover has the child’s name on it and a few decorations that represent the child.   Then I labeled each envelope “morning,” “afternoon,” evening,” miscellaneous,” and “completed.”  Each child has cards with tasks written on them placed in the envelope corresponding to when the task should be completed.  When it is finished, the card goes in the “completed” envelope.  The kids love their personalized envelopes and the feeling of accomplishment as they fill their “completed” envelopes each day.




What a great sense of accomplishment and what a great idea --- I love this April!!! Wish I would have had this idea some 25-years ago!!!! Guess I can use it for my hubby though!!! <LOL>


Be sure to stop over and give April some bloggie love at Curls and Grins!!!! Thanks again April for a wonderful project!


Hugs and Love
God Bless
Lynne

1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea! Thanks for sharing it. I agree, I needed this a long time ago too :D

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness