What's It All About

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Butterfly Card

Are you sensing a theme here with my past posting and now this one --- perhaps butterflies? Well, I had previously purchased from My Scrap Chicks at http://www.myscrapchick.com/bagscards/shapecards.htm Shape Cards 2 which has a beautiful butterfly shape card along with Apple, Cloud with Sun, Shirt, Mixing Bowl, Candy Cane, Mitten, Cookie Tree, Pinafore, and Bell.


This was cut at 5-1/2 inches using DCWV's Lady Couture Stack which has a fabulous leopard print which I thought was just perfect for a butterfly. I used my scap basket for the black antennae with just a little bling bling with rhinestones. The black dots on the leopard print was accented with Glossy Accents by Inkssentials. Mental note to self when hands are not functioning at peak performance I must not be using stamp pad. With that being said, I covered my blunder with more of my black scrap paper and at that point wrote the verse I had wanted to stamp by Ralph Waldo Emerson with my white pen. The quote I thought was perfect not only for the card, but also for the person I had in mind to give this card to - "A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of nature".

Hope you enjoy my card including my blunder - need someone with a steady hand to do stamping...darn fibromyalgia!

God Bless You with hugs and love,
Lynne

3 comments:

  1. Love this butterfly!! :) and the printed paper is so cool...and love the quote and so true! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Utterly fantastic! I am a huge butterfly lover and must check out this paper stack! I am a new follower and so glad I am :)

    Happy Scrappin'

    Sue B
    http://susanascorner.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness