What's It All About

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Everyday Pop Up Cards - Sewing Machine

I just couldn't leave well enoough alone --- was sitting staring at my card and decided it needed just a bit of bling and then I added just a few buttons and this little bow that was found in my button stash!




My hope is to use my cartridges of which I have quite a collection. The first Cricut cartridge that I would like to show is the Everyday Pop-Up Cards and is my most recent purchase. With this in mind, I would like to first comment that this cartridge and I weren't on the best of terms the biggest part of the day and I wish that there had been better directions as to placement but alas through trial and error not to mention the cartridge and I coming to terms - I made this cute little sewing machine Birthday card. The paper I used is the DCWV The Crafty Room with the background paper appearing as practising the different stitches on the machine. The sewing machine was cut from my scrap collection. The Happy Birthday was cut from one of my most favorite cartridges, Hello Kitty Greetings! How the pop-up fits is basically trial and error to get it to the place where it not only opens but folds completely flat! My suggestion would be to fold your pop-up and set inside with just a dab of glue until it fits properly and then mark with a pencil to the position and then and only then glue! One of my worst personality traits is that I always try to add my own personal twist. My own personal twist on this card is a piece of actual fabric 4 x 4 inches with folded little pleats in the fabric and used my Glue Glider Pro to hold the fabric in place. I love my Xyron with lettering and having them as stickers make it so much easier to glue in place and also used that for the brown accent on the sewing machine on the front. Dots were used to attach the front sewing machine and the Happy Birthday on the inside. I hope you enjoy!

Hugs and love,

Lynne

1 comment:

I love love love to hear what you think about my projects and would love to read your thoughts and inspirations.. Thank you for leaving a comment as I read each and everyone and thank you for taking the time to visit. Much love, hugs, and friendship
Lynne
aka Her Craftiness